“Rental Company” means the Independent Rental Company known as Seaside Golf Cart Rentals and/or Destin 30A Rentals. “Renter” or “You” means the person renting the Golf Cart from the Rental Company and entering into this Rental Agreement. The “Rental Period” means the dates that the Golf Cart is reserved and/or rented by the Renter at the time the Golf Cart rental reservation is made and begins at the time the Golf Cart is delivered to Renter and ends at the time the Golf Cart is picked up from Renter by the Rental Company. “Golf Cart” means the golf cart vehicle rented to Renter from the Rental Company. Renter hereby agrees to the following terms:
1. The Renter is fully responsible for the Golf Cart and adhering to all rules herein during the Rental Period. The Renter must be twenty one (21) years old, have a valid Driver’s License, have current and valid automobile insurance during the entire Rental Period, and be fully capable of operating a Golf Cart or automobile.
The Renter agrees that the Renter’s automobile insurance shall be the primary insurance for the Golf Cart for all liabilities and damages related to the Golf Cart during the Rental Period. The valid and collectible liability insurance and personal injury protection insurance of any authorized Renter or leasing driver is primary for the limits of liability and personal injury protection coverage by SS. 324.0autd(7) and 627.736, Florida Statutes. You are hereby notified that by signing this Agreement, You agree that Your own liability, personal injury protection, and comp/collision will provide primary insurance coverage up to its full policy limits.
Failure to return rental property or equipment upon expiration of the rental period and failure to pay all amounts due (including costs for damage or loss to the property or equipment) are evidence of abandonment or refusal to return or deliver the property, punishable in accordance with SS 812.155, Florida Statutes.
Renter is responsible for all damage or loss you cause to others. You agree to provide liability, collision and comprehensive insurance covering You, Rental Company, and the Golf Cart. Your insurance is primary to any insurance that we may provide.
2. The Renter is completely responsible for who is permitted to use and operate the Golf Cart during the Rental Period and ensuring that any person who operates the Golf Cart during the Rental Period is aware and adheres to all rules and terms herein this Rental Agreement. Renter shall not allow any person to operate the Golf Cart during the Rental Period unless that person has a valid Driver’s License and is twenty one (21) years of age or older. If a person under 21 is found to have operated the Golf Cart provided, Renter will be fined $500.00 on the credit card or account provided.
3. The Renter is completely responsible and liable for the Golf Cart and the actions of any person who operates the Golf Cart during the Rental Period, including but not limited to: damage to the Golf Cart itself; theft of the Golf Cart itself, damage to property caused by the Golf Cart; injuries, medical expenses, or damages to any person operating the Golf Cart during the Rental Period; injuries, medical expenses or damages to any passenger riding in the Golf Cart during the Rental Period; or injuries, medical expenses or damages to any person or animal injured by the Golf Cart or in relation to the Golf Cart during the Rental Period.
4. You understand and agree that Rental Company is neither the manufacturer of the Golf Cart, nor the agent of the manufacturer, and that no warranty is given against evident or hidden defects in material, workmanship, or capacity. We make no warranties, express, implied or apparent, regarding the Golf Cart, no warranty of merchantability and no warranty that the Golf Cart is fit for a particular purpose. You have inspected and accept the Golf Cart in its current state. You warrant and agree that You are familiar with the traffic rules, laws and regulations of the municipality wherein the Golf Cart is to be operated and that You are familiar with and instructed on the safe and proper operation of the Golf Cart.
5. Renter authorizes Rental Company to charge the damage deposit credit card or checking account on file for any damages, costs or liability resulting from or arising out of the use of the Golf Cart in violation of the terms of this Rental Agreement or due to damage to the Golf Cart during the Renter’s Rental Period.
6. Renter agrees that no person shall operate the Golf Cart under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any time.
7. Operation of the Golf Cart. You understand and agree that you will exercise caution at all times and exercise the highest standard of care and diligence while operating the rented vehicle. You agree that:
a. You will remain only on roads with a posted speed limit of 35 mph or less;
b. You will obey all traffic laws, including all State and Federal regulations;
c. You will wear a seatbelt;
d. No one other than an Authorized Driver shall operate the Vehicle; and
e. You will refrain from engaging in Prohibited Uses, as set forth below.
8. Prohibited Uses. The following uses of the Golf Cart are prohibited and each constitute a breach of this Agreement. The Golf Cart shall not be used or operated by anyone other than You. You will not operate the Golf Cart: (a) while under the influence of any drug or alcohol; (b) if you obtained the Golf Cart by giving false, fraudulent or misleading information; (c) in furtherance of any illegal purpose or under any circumstance that would constitute a violation of law other than a minor traffic violation; (d) in any race, speed test or contest; (e) to carry dangerous or hazardous items or illegal material; (f) on unpaved surfaces; (g) on sidewalks; (h) when the Golf Cart’s fluid levels are low or it is otherwise reasonable to expect You to know that further operation would damage the Golf Cart; (i) if the Golf Cart becomes unsafe or is in a state of disrepair, and in such case You agree to immediately discontinue use of the Golf Cart and notify Us; (j) after an accident involving the Golf Cart unless and until you summon the police to the accident scene; (k) without wearing a seatbelt; or (j) in any manner that is careless, reckless, dangerous or in a manner likely to cause injury or damage to You or any other persons or property. In the event that You should engage in a Prohibited Use as described in this paragraph, You will forfeit any deposit made on the rented Golf Cart and will assume any fines, penalties, repair costs, or any other losses resulting therefrom. You waive all recourse against Us for any criminal reports or prosecutions that we take against You that arise out of Your breach of this Agreement.
9. Renter agrees to properly monitor and secure the Golf Cart at all times during the Rental Period to secure the Golf Cart from theft, damage, or unauthorized use.
10. Renter agrees that the Golf Cart will only be left overnight at his/her home or rental property and not at any other location.
11. Renter agrees to make the Golf Cart available for pick up with a full tank of gas at the end of the Rental Period. Renter authorizes Rental Company to charge Renter’s credit card or account up to $50.00 if the Golf Cart has not been filled with a full tank of gas at the end of the Rental Period.
12. Renter authorizes Rental Company to charge Renter’s credit card or account up to $75.00, in addition to any towing or transportation costs, if the key for operating the Golf Cart is lost during the Rental Period.
13. Golf carts are prohibited from being rented inside all Sandestin Resort properties, Tops’l, Rue Caribe, Hidden Dunes, Camp Gulf, Seaside, Watercolor, Destin Pointe, Dolphin Pointe, Destiny by the Sea, Mainsail, Gulfside Cottages, Maravilla, and The Villages of Crystal Beach. Please check with the property manager of your vacation home or condo before booking.