You must be 25 years old or older to reserve and book a vacation property. This rental Agreement is a legally binding agreement between the Guest(s), Rockport Living, LLC, and the Property Owner(s). By making a reservation with us you are agreeing to the terms and conditions as stated below.
TERMS OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT:
1. RESERVATION REQUIREMENTS: A payment by credit card of 50% of the total rental fee is required when booking a reservation. You will receive an email confirmation of the payment and details of the reservation. The remaining balance is due no later than 45 days prior to your check-in date. By accepting the terms of this rental agreement, you authorize Rockport Living, LLC to automatically charge your credit card on file for your remaining balance unless you make other payment arrangements. We accept Visa, MasterCard credit/debit cards, American Express and Discover. Reservations placed within 45 days of check-in date will require payment in full at the time of booking the reservation and must be paid with a credit or debit card only. We only accept checks on reservations made more than 30 days before the check-in date to allow time for processing. We will still require a credit card on file. If paying by check, payment must be received no later than 5 days after booking your reservation or the reservation will be cancelled. Please reference reservation dates and confirmation number when sending checks.
2. ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE WAIVER: As part of your stay, you are required to purchase an Accidental Damage Waiver designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that may occur during your stay. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $1200.00. Any damages that exceed that amount will be charged to the credit card on file. Intentional damage to the unit or property will be charged to the renter.
3. CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations must be submitted in writing and confirmed no later than 30 days prior to your check-in date. All cancellations are subject to a fee. If you cancel 30 or more days prior to your check-in date, you will receive a full refund less 25% cancellation fee. If you cancel less than 30 days from your check-in date you are subject to lose your entire deposit balance. However, all cancellations are on a case-by-case basis.
4. INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: We do not offer refunds for inclement weather, including hurricanes. However, we do recommend that you investigate obtaining travel insurance to protect your vacation dollars.
5. PET POLICY: Pet friendly homes are listed as such on the property information page. In those homes, the following terms and conditions apply: There is a $40.00 per pet fee. No more than 2 pets are allowed. Pets must be completely house broken, well behaved, and pest free. Pets must be crated when left alone on/in the property. Pets are not allowed on the furniture or carpeted areas of the unit. If pets have accidents in the property all cleanup will be performed by the tenant. Tenant must agree to clean up all outdoor pet waste and deposit in outside garbage cans. Failure to comply with pet clean-up policy on the property may result in additional cleaning charges. Tenant may not use any home provided linens or towels on pets. Tenant agrees to pay for any damage caused by the pet(s).
6. CHECK-IN TIME IS 4:00 p.m. Sometimes homes are available for early check-in. If you are interested in an early check-in, please contact us the day before your arrival to inquire if an early check-in is available.
7. CHECK-OUT TIME IS 11:00 a.m. Sometimes homes are available for late check-out. If you are interested in a late check-out, please contact us the day before your departure to inquire if a late departure is available. Additional fees may apply.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: The maximum number of people allowed in each home is on our website. Your confirmation email states how many people are in your renting party. Please make sure that this is accurate. The occupancy limits are set by the Property Owner and are strictly enforced. Any child 2 years of age and older is considered an occupant and must be included in the occupancy total. If the Property Manager concludes that this policy has been breached, the Property Manager reserves to right to expel the entire party with no refund.
9. VISITORS AND PARTIES: Tenants are not allowed to invite guests to the vacation property for parties, BBQ's, weddings, etc. or for use of the facility if it is going to put you over the maximum occupancy limits. The property and its amenities are strictly for the use of the renters. Violating this policy can result in eviction from the property without refund. RV's, campers, or motorhomes ARE NOT PERMITTED at any of the properties except Sandy Pants Beach House (for an additional fee). Ask us about boat trailer parking at a specific property.
10. NON-DISTURBANCE CLAUSE: The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. No discharge of fireworks or guns. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises without refund. Quiet hour starts at 10:00 p.m. and pool and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
11. SMOKING: All our properties are NON-SMOKING. Automatic eviction without a refund if violated. If you smoke, please do so outside, away from house, and dispose of your cigarette butts in the provided receptacle. If you get smoke in the house, you will be charged additional fees associated with ridding the house of smoking residual.
12. CABLE/SATELLITE TV/ Wi-Fi: All of our properties have cable or satellite TV; however, each property is individually owned, and we cannot guarantee channel availability. On occasion, there are interruptions in service due to unforeseen circumstances. High speed wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences regarding internet service.
13. BBQ GRILLS: Guests who use the BBQ grills are responsible for cleaning them after their use. Please scrape the cooled coals and ashes into ash can and replace the lid securely. Please do not put charcoal in propane grills.
14. FISHING PIERS: Boats may NOT be tied up to bay front piers. An unexpected storm or high winds and waves can capsize boats and cause damage to piers.
15. CARE OF PREMISES/DAMAGES/CLEANING: The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good and clean condition. Tenants shall pay for repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The tenants agree that the Property Manager shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if tenants cause damage to the premises or its furnishings. Tenant agrees to safely use and operate all furnishings, appliances, home entertainment items, BBQ's, etc. during stay. Tenant will be charged for any damage or destruction of property caused by tenant or their guests, or for extra cleaning required. Please report any maintenance issues immediately to the Property Manager. Owner shall not be responsible for providing additional furnishings or equipment not presently available in the Property. Owner will make every effort to repair/replace any equipment that is not working properly but cannot guarantee that all equipment is in good operating order at all times and no rate adjustments or refunds will be made for equipment or appliance failures. Tenants are responsible for doing their own dishes and properly bagging their trash and putting bags in outside garbage can.
16. LOST KEYS / LOCK OUTS: There is a $25 fee for all lost keys. If a guest locks themselves out of a house there is a $45 service call fee to provide access to the house.
17. LEFT BEHIND PERSONAL BELONGINGS: We will collect any items that we find that are left behind and on request, we will return them for a shipping and handling fee. Any items not claimed after 30 days will be donated to local charities.
18. OWNER'S CLOSET: Tenant agrees not to access the “owner’s closet”, even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
19. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: The Tenants and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the property owner and Rockport Living, LLC owners, employees, and sub-contractors against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Property Owner, Rockport Living, LLC or it's sub-contractors may maintain does not cover the personal property of Tenants and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.