Welcome to 2021! September Update:
SSVC is open May 21 to Oct. 18, 2021.
Currently we are taking reservations with the understanding that Covid-19 policies and travel requirements will be as dynamic as last year. When there are changes, we will post updates here. As a guest you are responsible for adhering to those guidelines at the time of your arrival, regardless of measures in place when you place a reservation. Plan accordingly.
As per the State of Maine guidance revised June 30, 2021: (https://www.maine.gov/covid19/moving-maine-forward)
- No walk-in reservations. Call ahead or use our online reservation request form.
- Guests and staff are to wear face covering if unvaccinated in common areas (indoors and outdoors).
- Maine’s COVID-19 travel policy will automatically exempt all states, unless otherwise determined by the Maine CDC to have highly contagious COVID-19 variants. Visitors from those non-exempt states must submit a completed Certificate of Compliance form upon check-in. The document indicates that all visitors over 18yrs have either A) been fully vaccinated against/recovered from Covid-19; B) completed a 10-day quarantine in Maine OR C) received a negative Covid-19 test result on a sample taken less than 72 hours before arriving in Maine. (Please note: quarantining at SSVC is not an option)
- SSVC will communicate with guests via email and phone with regard to:
Self Check-in/Check-out procedures
Reduced office hours
Camp store accessibility and cashless options
Adjustments to pool, paddle boat and kayak amenities
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Thank you for exploring a reservation on our website.
There are two ways to review site options: Calendar Search Mode & Availability Search Mode.
Calendar Search Mode shows a list of every site for all dates going forward. Click on the site name to see photos and descriptions.
Availability Search Mode will return a shortened list of sites available for the specific dates you have entered. Also use one Amenities check box to return a shortened list of one site-type at a time.
The order of sites listed below is grouped by SITE TYPE: 2 Lotus Belle Tents, 4 Cabins, 6 Waterfront sites, 6 Large tent/camper sites, 8 Medium tent/camper sites, 21 Small tent/camper sites, 5 Platform tent sites, 8 Tent only sites, finally 9 Non-electric sites.
Cabin / Lotus Belle
Camper up to 25ft
Camper up to 30ft
Switch to Calendar Search Mode
Notes, Special Requests
-- Select --
-- Select --
Type of camping equipment?
-- Select --
Lotus Belle Tent
Length of camper:
-- Select --
Add on for $5 per night if space allows:
Credit Card Number
This reservation request will be secured while SSVC staff verify the details then process the credit card payment in 1-3 days or contact you for further information. By clicking on 'Submit Reservation Request' below you are agreeing to the
SSVC Management reserves the right to ask guests who are not abiding by our rules and regulations to vacate their site with no refund.
It is up to you to read and abide by all of our rules and policies, including State of Maine travel restrictions due to Covid-19 which may be in effect at your time of arrival.
2021 Note: The state of Maine executive order may impact your reservation. Be aware of travel requirements as they are updated on our website and the Moving Maine Forward website. Some out-of-state visitors will be required to A) have been fully vaccinated/recently recovered; B) quarantine or C) have a negative Covid-19 test result on a sample taken within 72 hours of arriving in Maine. A Certificate of Compliance will be provided to all non-exempt guests to be completed and signed at Check-in.
(As of March 2021, only ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, & CT are exempt. Effective May 1: Maine travel policy will automatically exempt all states, unless otherwise determined by the Maine CDC to have a spike in cases of highly contagious COVID-19 variants.) Quarantining at SSVC is not an option.
Once a reservation is confirmed our strict cancellation policy is in effect. Cancellations made more than 14 days prior to arrival qualify for a 50% refund. For no shows and cancellations within 14 days of arrival, there is no refund.
- No walk-in reservations. Call ahead or use our online reservation request form.
- Must be 18 years of age to rent a campsite.
- Each non-exempt out-of-state guest over the age of 18 will be required to complete and sign a "Certificate of Compliance" as part of their campground check-in. Minors will be listed on an adult's certificate. Exemptions may apply per State of Maine travel requirements.
- Guests are advised that if anyone in their party is feeling sick or may have been exposed to COVID-19, they are to stay home.
- Unvaccinated guests and staff are to wear face covering in common areas (indoors and outdoors)
- For contact tracing purposes, a record will be maintained including contact information for guests, and those staff who had direct interaction with them.
- Check-in time is anytime after 1:00pm. You will find a map with your name on it including directions to your site located outside the office door.
Check-out time is by 11:00am sharp! We reserve the right to remove your property from the campsite if you have not vacated by 11:00am on agreed departure date.
> Camp store is closed. (Firewood and Ice available curbside)
> Kayak rentals become available in July.
> Pool is open 8:00am to 4:30 or early evening - Closed for the season on Sept. 17, 2021
> Office Hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm (7 days a week)
> Picnic tables, potable water faucets, and fire pits are provided at each site. There is no sewer or dump station.
> Bath house has hot/cold water sinks, flush toilets and showers. The bath house is closed for about 1 hour mid-day during cleaning.
- Quiet time is from 10pm to 7am and is enforced. Please respect other campers and keep your noise level to a minimum, otherwise the police may be called and you will be asked to leave.
- No loud parties will be tolerated at any time.
- No firearms allowed in the campground. This includes BB guns etc.
- Radios and televisions are to be kept at a reasonable level.
- Heaters and Air conditioners may be used but we ask that you only use them when necessary. Turn them off whenever possible. Please THINK GREEN!
- There is absolutely NO SWIMMING in the Quarry, this is for your own safety. The Quarry is very deep with many sharp and dangerous rocks.
- Please observe the 5 mph speed limit on camp roads.
- Do not walk through other campsites. Respect other campers.
- Dispose of all trash in dumpsters provided for your convenience near the bath house.
- Please recycle refundable bottles and cans in containers provided (no trash in these containers, please).
- Leave your site as you found it - CLEAN. Your card will be charged a $25 fee if you move/tamper with fire pits, or damage the campsite in any way.
- Management is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. There is a lost and found in the office.
- Local wildlife is very friendly. Securely store food and anything else a large raccoon could carry off!
Please report any problems to the office or call 911.
Please note that local law enforcement patrol the grounds regularly. Abide by all Maine State laws.
We require full payment prior to your arrival, also see the cancellation policy. A $10 fee will be charged due to insufficient funds on all returned checks. In the event of a returned check final payment, plus fees, will be due immediately.
Site Occupancy Limitations:
Each site is designed for 1 tent/RV/camper/van, 1 vehicle, and 4 adults. There is no additional charge for minor children. If your site is large enough to accommodate either a second tent, second vehicle, or 5th adult, there will be an additional $5 per night charge. Contact the office to arrange details.
All cars in the campground must display a valid car tag. Vehicles that do not have one are subject to towing at the owners expense. Cars are not to be left on the shoreline unless you have a waterfront site. They need to be parked in the designated spot on your campsite. We do not have an overflow parking lot, only a few spaces for guests checking in at the office. A second vehicle added to a site will be charged $5 per night.
Must check-in at the office and leave before Quiet hours begin. Do not visit if you are feeling unwell. Host campers are responsible for their guests following campground rules and policies.
Do not bring any wood from out of the area into the campground. Don't give bugs a free ride! You may purchase firewood from us during office hours or from local vendors anytime. Cutting trees or breaking branches off trees is prohibited. Keep fire contained inside fire pit. Campfires must be extinguished prior to being left unattended.
We do allow friendly dogs. Please leave your dog at home if he/she is not good on a leash, around children or barks incessantly. We do not allow dogs in any of our cabins, Lotus Belle tents or in the pool area. Please be responsible with their waste and properly pick up after your pets. Dogs must not be left unattended and must be on a leash at all times. Please be aware that if your dog(s) are acting aggressive, excessively barking or making other campers uncomfortable you will be asked to leave the campground with no refund.
Parents are responsible for the behavior and safety of their children in the water, boat ramp, dock, pool and in the camping area. Children riding bikes need to wear helmets!
- Closed for the season on Sept. 17, 2021
Please rinse off before entering pool. Do not touch fittings. Children under 16 years of age need to be with an adult. No running, diving, smoking, dogs, food or drink in pool area. We keep the pool open in nice weather during office hours unless otherwise posted. We reserve the right to close the pool for poor weather or for maintenance.
Washing dishes, clothes, dogs or port-a-toilets is not permitted in the restrooms or showers. Please turn showers off when you are done and note there is a delay for the water to stop after you have turned to the off position. Please clean up after yourself in the bathhouse and report any issues to the office. The bath house is closed for about 1 hour mid-day during cleaning.
Kayak Rentals (resume July 2021):
Kayaks rented on a first-come-fist-served basis weather permitting. All boats must be back on shore by 6:00pm. Come to the office with photo id to complete rental agreement documents. Rented and personal kayaks may be launched at our waterfront to use in Somes Sound.
A Paddle boat is free for use in the Quarry, remember children must wear life jackets. Life jackets on loan for your safety from the office. No usage during bad weather or after dark.
Available for rent at $30 per night. Reservations recommended, see the office. Contracts must be signed before use.
Every effort will be made to provide you with the site you request. However it is not guaranteed - we will provide you with a comparable site if the requested site is unavailable.
We do our best to keep this website updated and current but sometimes there is a delay in posting new information. We reserve the right to make changes to our policies as we see necessary. Revised CB 7/3/21
Thank you, we appreciate your cooperation and hope you enjoy your stay on Somes Sound View Campground. Our goal is to provide a clean and healthy family environment.
We adhere to a very strict cancellation policy as we are a seasonal business and cancellations affect us significantly.
Be sure to review Covid-19 travel requirements prior to confirming your reservation and again before arrival.
Cancellations made more than 14 DAYS PRIOR to arrival qualify for a 50% refund of your payment.
There will be NO REFUND for cancellations made within 14 days of your confirmed arrival date.
Powerful Property Management